meta

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

velcome to my room

This is Stella. Hanging out. Doing the Vogue. Behind her is the dining room, since improved. But she's going to show you her room.
Unfortunately the true "before" pics are in my old computer, which is still in the basement in a box. It will be a long time before we have any "during" or "after" pictures of our basement. But hey. We actually have a basement, which is a vast improvement already. So above is the earliest pic I have in my new laptop. Before we got the floors sanded and polyurethaned, before we painted the walls Benjamin Moore "Pale Iris," the room was mint green and scuffed, and filled with another little girl's bedroom furniture. Maybe it's ethically sound not to show another child's bedroom, but you know if I had the pic, I'd show you. Oh I'd show you plenty.
We gave Stella the glass chandelier from our old apartment. And got a rug from Ikea.
Bryan's grandmother made that quilt hanging over the far edge of the crib. It's dated May 3, 1968. For anyone keeping count, you're right. Bryan just turned 40 this past Saturday. Happy birthday, Babe-alicious.
More Ikea. Again, stole the idea for horizontal placement of the Expedit bookcase, basket and book arrangement from Domino. Do I have a mind of my own? Time will tell.
Did I mention I frequent Ikea lately? But I do love red and lavender together. It excites my senses! And hopefully Stella's too. Not that she needs her senses any more excited than they already are. She's a spitfire, always darting this way and that, chasing bubbles, slapping around in mud puddles, begging to go to the playground. About to turn two in a week.


Stella's favorite shirt, for sleeping, playing, or spilling yogurt on. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's "No-Man!" 

2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

love the room! it looks amazing, the red and lavender excites my senses too. you might have gotten a lot of stuff at ikea but you incorporated it in a way that doesn't scream ikea home. stella's a little cutie in the last pic with her freckle on her cheek. oona has an off white rug, which she since defiled by pooping on it in lieu of a nap last week. thank god for oxy clean.

Unknown said...

I love the room. Especially the chandelier hanging in it. It makes the room look girly! I love ikea too!

Btw...I've given you an award on my blog. Come over and check it out on the Livy Updater. :)

trackster